Sales CRM Solutions
Editing Workflow - The Resulting Actions
Figure -5- has all of the available actions that are possible as a result of a workflow. As you can see there are many actions available in workflow.
Here’s a brief description of each Action:
- Add Call Back/Event – adds an item to the calendar, it could be for anyone in the 4 levels of hierarchy (sales rep etc.), it could be for the logged in user or for anyone who has access to this customer’s database.
- Update Record – update one or more fields on the record
- Send an Email – Can send to the email address on the record, anyone in the hierarchy or a specific email address, can also CC and BCC
- Add an Activity – this allows you to add a Marketing Activity to the record. This is a convenient way to track things that are happening as a result of marketing activities. For example, if this prospect clicks on a link in your lead nurturing program you may want to mark the record by adding a marketing activity. Then you can quickly find everyone who clicked on a link in that lead nurturing program by searching for that marketing activity.
- Add Task – this is how you access the LeadMaster Task Manager and will be explained in detail later
- Attach Custom Form – LeadMaster allows you to create your own pages with your own fields. This feature is known as custom forms.
- Assign Record – you can assign the record to anyone in the hierarchy
- Add Ticker Message – using a combination of workflow automation and user settings you can have messages scroll across the screen. This is a popular feature for sales contests.
- Send a Text Message – as the name implies
- Upload Record – this function allows you to send records to other systems via several methods – HTTP POST, HTTP GET and SOAP calls. This is popular with companies who have a system such as Siebel and are required to upload their leads.
- Add to Lead Nurturing Track – as the name implies. For additional information on LeadMaster’s Lead Nurturing capability please see the LeadMaster website.
- Stop Lead Nurturing Track – This is convenient when a prospect turns into a customer and you want to automatically stop the prospecting lead nurturing track and start the post sales lead nurturing track.
- Request an update to record – this is the automated Lead-Xpress. Lead-Xpress allows you to send a link to the record and have the record updated through that link. The user never has to log into the system. This is especially popular with mobile workforces and companies that sell their products through distributors.
- Add to Sales Rep Comments / Notes – It is a Best Practice to always add a note to the record whenever a workflow has acted upon it. The comment should include the name of the workflow along with a brief description of what took place.
- Add Opportunity – Adds an opportunity to the record.
Let’s review editing the Resulting Actions in the sample Workflow in Figure -3-. There are two actions in this workflow:
- Update Records
- Add A Callback / Event
A window like Figure -6- on the next page is displayed when you click Edit Action for the ‘Update Record’. We have chosen to update the following fields:
- Lead Status to ‘Have Not Reached’
- Lead Value to ‘0’
- Sales Stage to ‘Initial Prospecting’
As you can see there are many options beyond the 3 that we’ve chosen to update. For example, you may add a forecast date, the probability of closing this opportunity and/or the campaign this contact came from. With the Update Record Action you can update 11 items on this record with this single Workflow step.
Note: The custom field allows you to enter free form text. Using the custom field is a handy way to place a unique update on the record as a result of the workflow execution. Custom is also available as a condition, which means you can create a custom condition to start a workflow.
Let’s examine the options for editing the ‘Add Callback / Event’ action.
You can specify
- The type of follow up
- Since the type of follow-up is defined in the reference tables this can be anything required.
- The Event Name
- The Location
- The Start & End Time
- The Phone
- The Attendees – this event can be added to other attendee’s calendar.
As you can see LeadMaster’s workflow’s can accomplish a variety of actions either automatically or as a result of the click of a mouse. Here’s another example of a workflow. This is what could happen as a result of someone filling out a web form or a landing page.
- Immediately send the registrant an email confirming their registration and provide additional details about the webinar – date, time, instructions to join the webinar etc. This is commonly referred to as an auto-responder.
- Add the registrant to a pre-webinar lead nurturing track.
- Send yourself an email or text message to let you know you have a new registration, including the identity of the registrant. I prefer a text message that includes the phone number so that if I want to call all I have to do is click on the phone number.
- Set the lead source, the lead status and the campaign using update record.
- Assign the record to an inside sales rep and a field sales rep and their managers in LeadMaster. You could also send all of them an email to let them know they have a new account.
- Add a callback to the inside sales rep’s calendar for the next day to confirm their registration and see if they have any questions or would like to receive some information prior to the webinar.
- Add a callback to your calendar for the day before the webinar to remind the registrant about the webinar.
- Add a callback for the day after the webinar to ask the registrant if they have any questions or would like to discuss what they heard.
- Switch the registrant to a post-webinar lead nurturing track.
Click here to send us an email and we'll send you a user ID & password to our system so you can see for yourself just how easy it is to manage your leads with LeadMaster. No strings attached.
Give us a call at 800-699-4164 and we'll connect you with one of our CRM experts. We've helped hundreds of companies just like yours. Don't waste another day. Give us a call - you'll be glad you did.