Sales CRM Solutions
Upload Records - Interfacing with Other Systems Using Workflow
LeadMaster’s workflow automation includes the ability to send data to other systems using the standard HTTP Post, HTTP Get and SOAP calls. The good news is that you don’t have to be a programmer to use this feature; it’s point and click easy. There are only two steps.
The first step in setting up a workflow is to:
- Give the workflow a name, ‘Voice-Leads Call Stat – RequestBin.org’ in this case as illustrated in Figure -37-.
- Specify when the workflow applies, when ‘Updating existing records’ in this case.
- Specify the condition when the workflow will be executed, when the Call Stat / Click Action ’11-Send Lead to Rep via Phone was checked’
Now whenever the Call Stat / Click Action is selected on the record and the user click GO this workflow will execute.
The second step is to ‘Add an Action’, in this case ‘Upload Record’, see Figures -39- & -40-. In Figure -40- I’ve already entered the information I want to post.
For this last step you’ll need to:
- Enter the URL that you want to send the information to.
- Select your method of sending information – HTTP Post, HTTP Get or SOAP.
- Specify what you want to upload to the other system.
To specify what you want uploaded simply select the LeadMaster field values from the ‘Field Value’ drop down menu and enter the corresponding value for the other system in the ‘Field Name’. The drop down ‘Field Value’ menu shows you all of the fields that are available for sending data out of LeadMaster. These fields include:
- Many of the demographic fields – Name, Address, City, State, Zip, Phone etc.
- The Sales Progress Fields - Lead Status, Lead Value etc.
- The User Definable ‘Special Interest Fields’
- The Assignment Fields – Account Manager, Partner Rep etc.
After you’ve made your selection from the drop down menu and entered the corresponding Field Name for the other system click the Insert button to record your posting information. It is now displayed in the list of fields to be posted.
If you have information that you need to upload that isn’t in the LeadMaster database, such as a user ID and password, you can enter that information in the ‘Static Field Name’ and ‘Static Value’.
That’s it. You are ready to test your workflow. It is a LeadMaster Best Practice to start by testing your workflow to insure that it is behaving as expected and sending the data you want. I suggest using http://requestb.in/ it is free and will show you exactly what you are posting, see Figure -41-.
Your final workflow for Upload Records will look like Figure -42- when you click the Edit link to open the workflow.
If you find that you need a Workflow that isn’t supported with the available choices, LeadMaster has an extensible Workflow architecture called ‘Connectors’. These connectors are custom applications written by the LeadMaster programming staff. Contact your LeadMaster representative for additional information.
Click here to send us an email and we'll send you a user ID & password to our system so you can see for yourself just how easy it is to manage your leads with LeadMaster. No strings attached.
Give us a call at 800-699-4164 and we'll connect you with one of our CRM experts. We've helped hundreds of companies just like yours. Don't waste another day. Give us a call - you'll be glad you did.